christinaswwworld trends - stepping stones to new pathways

Over the past 2 months I have been venturing into online neighborhoods where folks are making money on the internet by working from home. My objective has been not only to find ways that I can earn money for myself working from home, but more specifically to identify activities that friends of mine here in Uganda (where I live) can consider as possible sources of income for community activities that they would like to undertake.

After investing in several ebooks and scouring the click exchanges for tools and ideas, I decided to try my hand at blogging the google trends. Within 24 hours of my first post, the ourwwworld blog had received over 600 visitors and raked in over $60 in advertising revenue. Within a week of deliberately very little additional activity (and none of it quality writing), the total revenue reached over $150 - which is more than very many Ugandans earn in a whole month.

Last year I initiated an online experiment with my Ugandan friends that involved researching health topics on the internet and presenting them to non-internet literate communities. This year, I think they should seriously consider researching the google trends, and blogging about what they learn on monetized blogs - in addition to telling their communities about the global trends they learn about. My thinking is that if my Ugandan friends can work together as a team of bloggers, they could earn significant amounts of financing for their community activities - blogging the google trends is an excellent (and lucrative) way for them to start getting a feel for how blogging can work. (I've no doubt that once they get the hang of it, they will have many other things to say.)

Now that I've experimented a bit, I'm finally getting the hang of things myself. From today, ourwwworld will be where I post a roundup of any google trending that my Ugandan friends and I post individually. Christinaswwworld trends (this blog) is where I will try to post some occasionally intelligent cross-cultural thoughts inspired by the google trends I see.

thanks for being here.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boarding School in Uganda

The truth about WHY I'm leaving Uganda

What if the Happy song and video memes came with more actual happiness in the world?