Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A dreamy day in Holland

Exploring my benelux surroundings, Dordrecht is a darling town I've enjoyed discovering in the Netherlands. It's such a friendly place - local families socialize on front porches and terraces. Though it's not a super tiny town (worthy of 2 train stations!), everyone knows everyone. A man who spoke with me on the street for a moment told me so. He knew right away that I was a stranger since the don't get many tourists in Dordrecht. He thought maybe I'd come for the little fair that was in town that weekend. Altogether a lovely late afternoon.

In case the embedded slideshow below doesn't show up, there are some photos on flickr I've shared over here.

1 comment:

Kathy Bruns said...

Just got to review the slideshow, loved the architecture. It reminded me of of wandering around Lucerne. The boys have grown so much. thanks for the opportunity to watch them grow and enjoy their adventures.